Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Saturday, November 1, 2014

Outside my window...

I am thinking... of starting Christmas decorating.

I am thankful for... family & friends.

From the kitchen...
~Sunday: Pork Roast, Gravy, Roasted Potatoes & Carrots, Salad, Chocolate Icebox Cake
~Monday: Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak, Rice, Cauliflower, Salad, Apple Almond Bake
~Tuesday: Simple Chicken Bake, Carrots, Salad, Chocolate Chip Cake
~Wednesday: Smothered Swiss Steak, Rice, Salad, Chocolate Icebox Cake
~Thursday: Out
~Friday:  Pork, Broccoli & Noodle Skillet, Oven Baked Zucchini, Salad, Chocolate Chip Cake
~Saturday: Leftover Smorg

I am wearing... Black sweatpants & a two-toned blue & white striped sweater.

I am creating... Scrapbook pages, cards, painting a picture and x-stitching.

I am reading... "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett

I am praying for... Family & Friends

Pondering these words... "I must do something" always solves more problems than "Something must be done." ~Author Unknown~

I am hoping... That we will have a few more weeks of fall.

I am hearing... The radio playing.

Around the house... Fall decor.

One of my favorite things... The crunch of leaves under my feet.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
~Sunday:  Church
~Monday:  Work
~Tuesday:  Work
~Wednesday:  Work
~Thursday: Grocery Shopping, Errands & Supper Out with our Pastor & his wife.
~Friday:  Afternoon Tea with my mom & aunt
~Saturday: Finish winterizing the holiday trailer


Here is a picture thought I am sharing... 



 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Alana, I enjoyed your Daybook entry so much. As always, you make my mouth water with your yummy sounding meals! Your quote has so much truth in it that it made me chuckle. If only life was as simple as it sounds. ;-) And you are working outside the home? (I know you always have a project going and working at home. We need to catch up! Your afternoon tea with your mom and aunt on Friday sounds delightful. Have a wonderful week, Alana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna. I am working outside the home. The job has been such a blessing although it is taking me awhile to get adjusted. It is only part time and only five minutes from home.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!