Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Mushroom Steak in the Slow Cooker






This is a new recipe I tried
that I had clipped from a Taste of Home magazine.
We found it quite mild so next time
I will add a little something to zip it up a bit,
maybe some Worcestershire sauce :)


Ingredients
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. garlic pepper
2 lbs. beef steak, cut into strips
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup beef broth
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp thyme


In a large resealable bag, 
combine the flour,  seasoned salt and 1/4 tsp. garlic pepper.
Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
Place in the slow cooker.
Add the mushrooms and onion.


Combine the cream of mushroom soup,
beef broth, oregano, thyme and 1/4 tsp. garlic pepper.
Pour over top of ingredients in slow cooker.


Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours
or until beef is tender.

~You can find the original recipe here~


 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. That does sound good, but a bit mild. I like your idea of the Worcestershire sauce. I'm also wondering how it would be to use minced garlic instead of garlic powder. It looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of the minded garlic. I am going to make a note of that on the recipe for next time :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!