Thursday, September 24, 2015

Unexpected Living Room Make Over - Before & After


A few years ago we did a living room make over
and I thought it would pretty much 
stay the same for awhile.

~Before~

~After~

However, in the decision to downsize
and a very quick sale of the piano
I found I was in the middle of an
unexpected living room make over.

~Before~

~After~

After the piano went out
I decided the fireplace needed to go as well
and I replaced it with a smaller, corner fireplace
which was half price.


I also wanted one more chair
and found this one on Kijiji
for only $40 in mint condition!
I don't think anyone ever sat on it.


~Before~

~After~

For now I have the couch cover off
but I can always put it back on
for a different look.


I fell in love with these cushions
that I found at JYSK
and even better, they were on clearance!

~Before~

~After~

We are enjoying the new look
and the feeling of space
in our living room make over.


 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!



The Dedicated House for Before & After Wednesday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson for Share Your Cup Thursday
Rooted in Thyme for Simple & Sweet Fridays
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday



10 comments:

  1. Thank you Allana for coming over to leave a comment. Glad you liked it. Love the new look of your home. The birdy cushion looks cute. Enjoy the warmth of your room. Hugs. Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so much fun doing room make-overs...I am also in the process of doing just that. I love it when everything is moved around or a new piece of furniture or re-loving an olden piece.
    Your room is very nice and comfy looking.
    Here from Before and After

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rearranging furniture!! Your room looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little bird pillow!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alana, it's always fun to make a few changes. Removing an item does make for some needed changes. Looks nice and I love the bird pillows! Thanks for sharing with SyC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to redo the living room! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!